Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Back in the saddle

I have been MIA for the past few days because my mom was in the hospital again, it seems like it is finally determined what has been going on with her. We are relieved for that, but I getting back into the swing of things has been a challenge post holiday, and post family emergency. But here I am again, trying to get back in the saddle.

My office space is in my kitchen, and my dining table is usually my desk, unless I am having people over for dinner. My office was completely dismantled over the holidays, and although I began working again (I work from home), I had not gotten it all set up. Today's project - Mission Office Organization.
I have been on the hunt for the perfect desk lamp for a long time. I found this one at the thrift store for $3, and spray painted the shade kelly green. It's awesome because it's small and portable, so when I need to do the old office switcheroo, it folds up and I can put it on my printer cart and roll everything out.
I am doing new "To Do List" method, I got one of those giant post it pads and some markers, and I have a gigantic poster sized list on my fridge. I think checking things off and seeing the list get shorter that way will help me feel like I am actually getting things accomplished. I bought old school Mr. Sketch markers, you know - the kind that smell like cherries and licorice. Sooo retro. It takes me back to elementary school. Those were always the markers everyone went for!

So now that my space is pretty organized (I still have a big stack of papers to file, but that will be for another day) I'm hoping to really be off and running now...let's cross our fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails