Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ornament of the day(s)

I promised an ornament and the story behind it each day in December, and sadly, I have slacked by Day 2. I do have a bit of a note for the teacher, my mom went to the hospital yesterday. She's fine now, nothing catastrophic, but I spent most of my day yesterday with her and then had to make up for the work day I missed until the wee hours of the morning. I have a very challenging, wonderful, yet insanely huge and time consuming project for work. My job is developing a program for teen girls to inspire activism through art, primarily theater. We wrote curriculum based on a play for teens about stories of girls around the world (which I can't mention yet because it's not published), and now we are building a social networking site. It's not going to be your everyday web site, we've got big plans. It's a new endeavor for me, and I love it, but it's ginormous. A family illness on top of that this week has been a bit nuts. How is it Thursday already?

Anyways, I'm making up for yesterday with two ornaments today. Ornament number one is my God's eye. I made this one last year at the children's advent festival at church, but it really reminds me of my many years working at summer camp. I have probably made a hundred God's eyes in my day. Who doesn't love a craft made out of yarn and sticks?
And this is my Moravian star. I have always loved these, and they hold special significance now. We have a beautiful Moravian star on our big Chrismon tree in the sanctuary at my church, and this one reminds me of that. I am on a perpetual hunt for a lighted Moravian star for the top of my own tree. If you don't know about Chrismon trees, they are trees with ornaments that are all symbols from the Christian faith, and they are all in gold and white. Here's a little bit of info on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails