Thursday, November 5, 2009

Spray paint fever

I am teetering on the edge of a spray paint addiction. After reading about Liz's many spray paint adventures over at Mabel's House, I was inspired to pick up a can of turquoise spray paint when I was at Lowe's the other day. I had a couple of baskets in mind. I have now spray painted three baskets, and if I hadn't run out of paint, I probably would have attacked more. Maybe it's a good thing the paint ran out. No basket is safe. Now I've got my eye on all kinds of things to go after with a spray paint vengeance.
The baskets look nice, it's refreshing to have a new pop of color in the living room. The end tables, though, are next on my list. They look desperate for a hose down with some white paint. They're hand me down tables from mother's house. I broke up the set when I gave away the matching buffet, which I just didn't have room for. I have been toying with the idea of a white paint job for a while, but it's been hard for me to commit because of the sentimental attachment to their original state. But, I think I'm ready to give it a go, maybe as a weekend project.

2 comments:

  1. I also now want to spray paint things. Oh the options. I LOVE turqoise and beleive it goes in every room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Turquoise is a neutral in my book.

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts with Thumbnails