Thursday, October 22, 2009

Eat your veggies

My friend Leah just gave me the heads up on this fabulous service, Vegetable Husband. They pick out locally grown, organic produce and deliver a big basket to you once a week. They also put recipes for what they give you on their website. How awesome is that? I am so not adventurous with my veggies, I basically stick to broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, and romaine. Perhaps this would help me branch out?
As someone with displaced princess syndrome, I really just like the idea of someone bringing me groceries. In NYC, I had to go get a bunch of snacks and drinks for the teens who were coming to do the play reading I organized. It was rainy and gross outside, and as a non-New Yorker, I could not figure out for the life of me how people in the city get their groceries home. I always have a gigantic car load when I shop. So, I brought my empty suitcase, and I'm sure everyone was staring at me as I was loading up. However, at the checkout, the cashier asked me if I wanted them delivered. They do this for $4! I was shocked. Sadly, you had to have a four hour window for so I shlepped through the streets with my suitcase full of snacks. Oh well. At least now the mystery of grocery shopping in a real city is solved. We don't do public transportation very well here in Atlanta.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails