Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Invigoration Station - DIY body scrub and bath bombs

I could barely pry myself away from my pillow this morning. Trekking through the city, hauling my suitcase around miles of airport, and multiple flight delays. I am going to bed early and looking for a little bit of extra oomph in the morning to get my day going. I found this recipe for a DIY body scrub that sounds very fall-ish and yummy.


Ginger Cinnamon Body Scrub

1 cup sea salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup almond oil or olive oil

This body scrub has the fresh, invigorating scents of both ginger and cinnamon! Mix all ingredients together, then gently rub over your damp skin (except your face) to slough off dry skin. Rinse with warm water.


I would also recommend just mixing sugar and olive oil together. It works really well and moisturizes so nicely. Here is another great post about homemade body scrubs.

If you're feeling extra adventurous, here is a DIY recipe and tips from Not Martha for making bath bombs. Looks like fun! Look out Lush.

Photo from We are Not Martha

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming by my blog and becoming a follower! I am loving the shows I see over to my right...I think I shall be heading to your Etsy shop to check some stuff out!

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts with Thumbnails